The first MetaModel¶
We want you to have an easy start with MetaModels. To better understand the structure, let’s begin with a simple employee list with only very few informations. Our list shall be filled in the back end and it can be displayed in the front end as a table. To keep it simple in the beginning, we will skip any filtering and sorting options.
The implementation will be guided by the Components of a MetaModel.
- Creation of an employee list which can be maintained in the back end
- Storage of the following values: Last name, first name, email, department
- An additional field to publish a data record
- Output the list as a table in the front end
- Actual version of Contao (preferably the LTS version)
- Actual MetaModels - see Install and update MetaModels
- Familiarity with Contao
- Understanding of Components of a MetaModel